Sunday 29 March 2009

It's curtains for me.........


Yes ... I did it, I made my first ever pair of curtains.

I searched and searched for a pair of curtains for our spare room and I just couldn't find anything I really loved. So I had a rummage through my fabric stash and found a piece of green and cream checked material that would match the duvet cover and that was just about big enough to cover the window (why didn't I look there first?).

So I bit the bullet and had a go at making my own. And guess what they don't look half bad.


So now the spare room is finished, or maybe we should call it the Guest Room, according to the man that does 'Selling Houses' and Ann Maurice of 'House Doctor' fame you should have a purpose for every room and never just a spare room.

Anyway whatever it is, it is finished and looks lovely, so that's six down and five to go.

Woo hoo, over half way through the house at last!!


We've had another busy weekend, the weather was bitterly cold on Friday and Saturday but today was gorgeous, I'll post some pictures of todays activities tomorrow, now it's time for roast chicken in front of the fire and an hours television before retiring to bed.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Sue xx


3 comments:

  1. Sue, for a so called first timer they are just lovely clever you and green faced me. What a beautiful room.

    lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ..... Ms. Sue! Roasted chicken in front of a roaring fire sounds like the beginning of a nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the curtain making!
    They look super!

    Your new home is really coming along!xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.