Wednesday 24 March 2010

Yummy......

I have Garlic!!
The bed I planted out on the 13th March just outside the polytunnel is bursting with garlic....wey hey!! How can this make me SO happy. Well last year I planted it too late and it did nothing, I was really disappointed as garlic is something we both love and is brilliant for transforming lots of other veg into tasty treats.

I also have lots of little baby beetroot seedlings appearing before my very eyes. Yummy indeed, I see lots of beetroot in our salads soon and maybe even a few jars of pickled beetroot to see us through the leaner winter months.

Of course if I got some goats I could perhaps make some cheese to go with it...........!

Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. I wasn't lucky with my garlic either last year, but baby beets, ooo my mouth is watering.
    Jak x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard garlic can be a bit tricky to grow, but it looks like you are off to a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the garlic. You work very hard growing your veggies and with your animals.
    Love the cloches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swapping extra blogs for goats....what a brilliant Idea!
    I love garlic too. A colleagues daughter grew various garlics from the Isle of Wight Garlic farm, she let me have a few of each and do you know the smaller they were, the stronger they tasted, the 'Elephant' garlic was the sweetest.
    I'd love to go to the I.O.Wight garlic festival one year...
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need garlic - I have a stinking cold & a Vampire obsessed daughter !!!
    Use it all the time - we have wild garlic in the garden ( or we did - hens might eat it - at least they've not eaten my tete a tete flowers ! )

    G'wan get goats- I know you will !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.