Thursday 2 September 2010

A Second Wind

The polytunnel is having a second wind. The tomatoes have burst forth with new leaves and huge bunches of fresh tomatoes. The courgette plants that I thought had just about given up the ghost have sprung back into life giving me a whole crop of new fruits.
~
And the lovely Aubergine plants have laid down some more fruits to replace the ones we ate last week.
~ More yummyness to come then.
~
I left a part of me behind when I left the polytunnel this morning.
~
No..... haha.....I am not getting all poetic about leaving my heart in the polytunnel.
I accidently backed into a flypaper as I watered the tomatoes and left a rather large tuft of hair attached to it in my panic to get away......YUK!
~
Sue xx

5 comments:

  1. oh I wish I could find a second wind today- just come back from the chiropractor and feel like I've been run over by a tractor. Mind you, it must be better than walking like Quasimodo!
    The only good thing is that the chiro is situated near a particularly nice bakery...can't talk any longer, have Chelsea Buns which need a little attention:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gratifying-an unexpected autumn bounty. I'm making a vegetable lasagne tonight with my freshly harvested squash and tomatoes, with a few other things thrown in for good measure. After seeing yours, I might have to go and buy an aubergine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never did get the tomatos to take off this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yuk! The flypaper I mean, not your lovely crops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had courgettes coming out of my ears ! Thrilled as I've never grown veggies before...now bartaring with neighbours for other produce xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.