Monday 14 February 2011

The Challenge

Just part of the order.
~
The Challenge....at first glance looks it like it was a bad week.....only £11.88 went into Spotty Jug this morning.....yikes!!
~
But I thought I had a party to cater for and went slightly wild in the aisles at Approved Foods
a wonderful online place that sells clearance and end of lines at hugely discounted prices. I only learnt about them last week when I was reading Jane's blog and I thought what better way to get lots of food for a minimal outlay and hopefully stay within budget. So I gave it a try.... and it's very good. I managed to get £155.36 worth of food for £46.62 and although postage was £7.50 this still meant I saved £101.24 all together. My only other purchase this week was milk, so a total spend of £58.12, not bad at all really.
~
I now have cupboards full of pastry, scone, bread and cake mixes, cakes, soups (who can resist 18 packs of Sainsburys Cup a Soups for £2) and assorted other goodies. As our party weekend was cancelled due to little Kyle being poorly with his asthma, I sent Jason home with some of the goodies and have popped everything else into my cupboards which are now once again groaning under the weight.
~
So now we have even more food to plough through. Because of this I am going to be EXTRA strict with myself over the next few weeks and only buy milk and fresh fruit and veg. The money I am saving in Spotty Jug is going to be our spending money for our holiday in May. Jason has confirmed that he has a week booked off work to come and mind the farm, so he along with my Mum and Dad are going to farm sit while we have what could be one of our last holidays away from the farm. What better incentive to save money. As it will be self catering, we will need as much as I can get together, so sleeves rolled up I'm off to bake todays bread.
~
Sue xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue im new to the blog, love to read your posts, think i may give approved foods a try
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, and welcome to the Blog.

    Yes, it's well worth giving them a try. Some things just have small discounts, but keep looking through and there are lots with a HUGE amount knocked off the original price.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sue..it certainly is a great site..i love approved foods..i do a lot of bulk buys on there and save loads..all helps towards extras...
    sara,fern,iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip to the site, had a quick look and will definitely be going back to buy x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.