Friday 18 March 2011

Spreading the load......

~
On the days when Lovely Hubby is away at his 'desk job' I sometimes have to move heavy loads and I have found many ways of doing this. Of course the wheelbarrow is a favourite means of transportation for those heavy and cumbersome jobs. Sometimes though it's full of stuff and I have to just use 'girl power'.
~
I can lift around 20kg, I know this because the Layers Pellets come in 20kg bags and I can get them in and out of the car reasonably well. If I have to take them any distance (more than 6ft!!) I use the wheel barrow. But the pig feed comes in 25kg bags and I just cannot move them, so when the pig feed bins run dry I have found my only way of getting them from 'Cowavan' to feeding shed.
~
'Cowavan' our pig feed store
~
I drag the bag of feed to the Cowavan door, let it fall on its side and then open it and let half the bag pour into big bucket stood on the ground below, as long as the angles are right it works. Half and half the weight is managable and the job is done.
~
Ways and means.
~
Of course when LH is here he does all the heavy stuff and I can just do the 'girly' things like carrying huge baskets of logs and knocking in fence posts..........!!
~
Sue xx

3 comments:

  1. This makes me smile Sue: I realised I am not as strong as I was because I am struggling with the layers pellets now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. High heels and frocks one minute, steel toe capped wellies and chainsaws the next..we women are so good at adapting!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, is nice to meet you!
    Thought to comment to let you know how much I admire your blog and lifestyle.
    I can`t wait to visit more often to read more inspiring posts!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.