Wednesday 1 June 2011

Our Newest Recruits to the Funny Farm

 ~
While we were away on our break to Scotland our little Lavender Pekin family expanded all on their own.  Alice and Caldwell became the proud parents of three gorgeous little chicks.  Unfortunately, one died quite unexplicably yesterday but the other two are doing fine.
~



Mum had them out of the henhouse for the first time yesterday and at just 4 days old was teaching them to scratch in the soil and feed themselves.
~
 ~
While a very proud Dad watched from the sidelines, rushing in when ever anything looked threatening.
~
~
They all joined in with the family group, but any Aunty that got too close was told off in no uncertain terms!
~


A litle live action from Chicken World.
~
Off to tend my veggies now, back tomorrow with details of our new Challenge in which the veggies are VITAL!!
~

Gosh it's nice to be back, I don't know what has been going on with Blogger in my absence but it's taken me all this time to get back to normal on here.  If anyone else is still struggling, to be able to post I had to change to the new Editor.
~
Sue xx

7 comments:

  1. How gorgeous are they! Sorry to hear that you lost one, but so glad the other two are doing well. It is my one regret that we can't keep chucks here. Love the video.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely family! Does that make you a grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...brilliant Pixie - from Rock Chick to Chick Mum....now I'm a Chick Grandma....gosh I'm aging fast!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and AW!
    It makes me want to raise chicks here, now if only the hens (and my husband) would agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely and what clever parents they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just melting at the sight of the Pekin family!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just so cute! What a lovely family they make.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.